This is an attempt at contour detection using a basic algorithm.




Basic contour detection with Processing.org from mistercrunch on Vimeo.


I simply look at each pixel and compare it with its 8 surrounding neighbors and sum the gray scale difference. From there a certain threshold is applied to decide whether to display the pixel or not.



I was expecting something a bit less noisy and more cartoonish but I love the results. Somehow it looks as though there's some image compression happening somewhere between my webcam and my pixel array.



This should work pretty good for the video installation I'm working on (projector + infrared webcam + infrared spotlight). See it at BaconWood in May: and hopefully at Burning Man 2010.

1 comments:

  1. Hi, do you have the code? Imagen triyng something like this...

    Jota

Post a Comment